The California Wow Fit King asks “did you know fitness can help with mental help?”
Depression is always a concern and a growing problem throughout the world. Physical activity can significantly improve our mood and reduce stress.
All forms of exercise can help with mental illness, but the effects of exercise can be different for all of us, so a tailored program is best.
There are physiological and psychological reasons why exercise leads to that “feel good” feeling. We release endorphins that lead to feeling better. Other chemicals like dopamine and serotonin, which are involved in nerve transport are released in greater quantities during exercise and this gives us that instant ‘buzz’.
California Wow Eric Levine reminds us to get up and move and age beautifully.
Have you read our previous fit posts?
- California Wow Eric Levine Promotes Yoga and Logevity (californiawowericlevine.wordpress.com)
- Can Yoga Diminish Arthritis and Chronic Pain? (californiawowericlevine.wordpress.com)
- California Wow | Shoulder (californiawow.wordpress.com)
- Exercise will Improve Your Mood (e-prescribe.biz)
- ‘Backbone’ of mental illness stigma common in 16 countries studied (medicalxpress.com)
- Mental Illness, The Law, And Individual Rights (outsidethebeltway.com)